About Us

My photo
We are a group of three friends who have decided to publish a newsblog. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Covert Affairs

Covert Affairs:
(USA--Summer Season--Season 1)
I was really interested in this show when they first started showing commercials for it. However, over the month, my interest dimmed and I very nearly did not watch it. I cannot tell you how happy I am to have watched it. It is a wonderful show.
Covert Affairs mixes humor with top secret missions. It is really quite interesting the way they manage to fit those two things together. At face value the show is light and fun but there are also very serious undertones with universal themes. They way that they mix them adds even more personality to the show.
I find all the characters on that show at least moderately interesting. Ironically I think Annie, the main character, is my third favorite. I must confess that my favorite character is Joan, Annie's boss. Joan is one of a small pool of females on crime shows that is married when the show begins. Her husband Arthur is also part of the CIA. Life is by no means perfect for them, but they make it work against the odds.
I hope that Covert Affairs makes the cut and comes back for a second season.
~Writer Freak~
Arthur: Why can't you be a good CIA wife and just trust me?
Joan: Because I'm not a CIA wife. I'm a wife who works for the CIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment